On a quick reflection of the ‘year that was’, I recall some highlights …
- The transition of our Resource and Infrastructure trainers and resources to the new RII Training Package. This turned out to be a mammoth task, but we successfully completed this exercise in good time. Just as we sat back to breathe a sigh of relief, Skills DMCnotified us just this week;
Skills DMC is pleased to announce that the standing of the RII Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package (RII Training Package) has been further enhanced through its 1 December 2015 endorsement by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee.”
So, here we go again!
- The Business Training Package was also another that changed quite significantly. I am very pleased to say that our trainers have been transitioned and we have put a lot of work into ensuring the new resources for the qualifications we have on Scope are of a very high quality.
- We have been audited by various departments throughout the year including the Department of Training and Workforce Development (on numerous occasions), Worksafe and also a Second Party Audit of the RTO Standards. I am very pleased to say were successful in passing all of these. This really is a testament to our quality systems we have in place and the excellent staff we have to run them.
- Another highlight for me this year was to visit various mine sites around Western Australia. We have affiliations through traineeships at these sites, and to see firsthand the large scale machines and equipment the trainees operate is just amazing. The trainees and the support group that surrounds them are extraordinary and it is very encouraging to see these programs are making a difference to individuals and to industry, particularly in this current climate.
- This year has brought about some new additions to our Scope.Aside from the new Certificate IV in Leadership and Management and the Diploma of Leadership and Management, we have also added some units of the Polymer Processing qualification. This is an exciting new venture for us and with the training being delivered by a highly qualified and very experienced trainer; it has proven to be successful with training being delivered around the country and offshore.
Where ever you may be spending your Christmas, stay safe and see you in 2016!
Sarah Pike, Manager Training Operations and Compliance